What’s New With QuickBooks?
Happy New Year!
This is our favorite time of the year here at C3Workplace (minus the cold, of course!), because a New Year + New Goals = Lots of New Ways to Succeed! We know you’ve got a lot planned for the year ahead and, as always, we’re here to help.
To kick start your financial year, we’ve compiled a list of all that’s new and exciting in the world of QuickBooks. Don’t be afraid to take control of your numbers – it’s the only way they’ll work for you.
What’s new in QuickBooks?
Did you know…. that the QuickBooks Online for iPhone/iPad app is FREE with your QuickBooks Online subscription? With this app you can:
- View bank and credit card account balances and transaction details
- View Accounts Payable and Receivable totals
- Save a bank transaction’s description in the memo filed
Did you also know…. that the audit log in QuickBooks Online automatically tracks anything that’s been added, edited and deleted? It also shows when users sign in and sign out. To find your audit log, click the gear next to your company name, and choose “Audit Log”
Have you recently changed the information you use to sign in to your bank’s website, and need to do the same in QuickBooks, and are not sure how?
- Edit (click on the pencil)
- Edit sign-in info
- Enter the User ID and Password, same as you use for your bank
- Update Sign-in info
Are you all done with your 2014 bookkeeping and would like to protect your file from any pre-2015 changes?
- Accounting, Company Preferences
- Closing date section – Set date/Password
- Select the date you would like the books to be closed
- We recommend setting a password as well when prompted
- Click OK
In QuickBooks Online:
- Accounting – Close the books (check the box) and follow prompts
Have you heard of “QuickBooks Self-employed”? It’s a relatively new offering from Intuit, created to help make taxes easier for Schedule C clients. This package was created to help self-employed people:
- Simplify finances by separating business from personal spending
- Calculate and set aside money for estimated quarterly taxes
- Have Expense tracking by Schedule C categories
Please note, that as of time this was written, you cannot create Invoices in QuickBooks Self-employed… but Intuit is working on it…This is a very new offering, so stay tuned in upcoming months for updated information. And before making any bookkeeping software changes, do your research, and/or ask for advice.
Interested in more QuickBooks or financial information? Join me in our Montclair location on the 3rd Friday of every month for a free 25-minute consult (face to face OR virtual) during our Office Hours with Expert Advisors! I look forward to seeing you there!
Copyright © 2015 · All Rights Reserved ·